A viable alumni base is critical to the success of your club. It is essential for the club to identify, retain, and increase membership.
Here are some recommendations to achieve this:
- Provide value to members.
- Send out an annual email to non-members or expired members to promote the benefits of membership. Offer “members-only” access to certain club services, like the membership directory or a job board.
- Charge different prices for member and non-member tickets for events.
- Reach out to relevant regional or affinity student groups on campus.
- Once the club reaches an appropriate size, consider instituting a tiered membership structure with different levels of access to services and benefits according to membership type. Click here for more information on dues and sample membership structures.
- Focus on attracting new graduates and young alumni.