PennKey Support for Wharton Alumni Clubs
The Wharton School is discontinuing the use of the Wharton alumni account in favor of PennKey: a login credential used by the entire University community. PennKey allows you access to all of the same resources that the Wharton Alumni account granted, and more.
Please check Wharton’s PennKey FAQ’s to answer any general questions you may have.
1. How does The PennKey transition affect my club website?
This transition affects all Wharton alumni club websites on NationBuilder, because we offer the option to sign in with University credentials. Please encourage your constituents to activate a PennKey if they do not already have one.
2. If I, or my members can’t login with PennKey, does it mean something is wrong with NationBuilder? What should I do?
No, this transition is unrelated to NationBuilder functionality. Please first confirm that they are in your database with an external ID, before escalating. You may follow these login help instructions to assist them.
- If they are not in your database, please reach out to the Global Clubs Team: [email protected].
- If they are set up correctly in your database, and need additional help with their login credentials, all requests should be directed to the University’s Alumni PennKey team: [email protected]
3. As an international club, many of our alumni do not have SSN’s (last 4 digits are required for PennKey setup). What should they do?
The University has generated four digits to use in place of an SSN for international alumni. Please double check your email for a message from Wharton Alumni Relations, where they will have provided them to you. If you cannot locate that email, please reach out to the Alumni PennKey team for assistance: [email protected].
4. What is the transition timeline?
We have gradually encouraged all Wharton alumni to activate a PennKey throughout the summer of 2020. This will be complete by the end of September, 2020 at which time the Wharton alumni account will no longer be offered as a login option.
5. Should club administrative staff (non-alumni) get a PennKey?
Non-alumni are not eligible for PennKeys. Club administrative staff should continue to login with an email address and password. Their login capability should not be affected.
6. How can club administrators/ webmasters respond to our constituents who are having login challenges?
After ensuring that they are properly set up in your database (Q2), please use the canned response below:
Thank you for your message. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Wharton School has discontinued the use of the Wharton alumni account in favor of PennKey: a login credential used by the entire University community. PennKey allows you access to all of the same resources that the Wharton Alumni account granted, and more, including our club website. If you are unsure of your PennKey credentials, please visit this website for instructions. If you need additional assistance, please contact the University’s Alumni PennKey Support team at [email protected].