The Global Clubs Team offers a variety of resources to serve and support Wharton clubs as they, in turn, serve and support the alumni network.
Wharton clubs are eligible to receive a website on the School’s enterprise platform. A group MUST be an official, recognized club in order to receive this website, which offers a database of alumni in the region/affinity, email marketing, event registration tools, and tools for measuring activity and membership.
Resources for collaborating with other club leaders:
- Wharton Officers website: www.whartonofficers.com is an exclusive resource for club officers, featuring a variety of online resources, tips, best practices, and more.
- Wharton Club Leaders Facebook Group: This group is a resource for officers to share best practices, post events and ideas, share photos, and ask questions.
- Listservs: Wharton officers two listservs for club use. Club presidents can use the presidents listserv to communicate with each other and share event announcements. The email address is [email protected]. Club webmasters have a similar resource in [email protected].
- Wharton Club Leadership Conference: This conference brings together club volunteers to network, discuss best practices and common challenges, and take advantage of educational programming.
- Event Branding tools: Your staff liasion can provide a podium banner and a table skirt with the Wharton alumni logo upon request.
- Custom Wharton Club® logo: Your staff liaison can provide a School-approved Wharton Club® logo for use on club branding materials.
- Wharton images: Wharton has created a Flickr album of high-quality Wharton photos that are publicly available for online use. This can be a great source of images for your website.
- Giveaways and gifts: The Global Clubs team will provide branded giveaways for one event per calendar year. Please contact your staff liaison for more information.
- Wharton alumni data: Your staff liaison can provide contact information for all alumni in your club’s region or affinity as requested. If your club is on the Wharton platform, your database of alumni will sync to and from the School on a nightly basis.
- Wharton Blog Network: Club volunteers have the opportunity to create an online presence and blog on behalf of their club for the Wharton Magazine to promote events, members, and more. This publication features 100+ regular contributors and serves as a platform to interact digitally with the global Wharton community. Please contact your staff liaison for more information.
- Career services: Your staff liaison can work with your club and the offices of Undergraduate Career Services and MBA Career Management to tailor specific career programming to your region or affinity.
- Discount at Wharton signature events: All club members are eligible to receive up to 50 percent off discounted tickets to regional alumni events hosted by the School. We also offer discounted tickets for up to (4) members per club to the School’s flagship events (i.e. MBA Reunion Weekend, Global Forums). Please contact your staff liaison for more details.
- Support in securing faculty speakers: If you are interested in scheduling a Wharton professor to speak, please contact your staff liaison and fill out the Faculty Request Form. Given the extensive commitments of Wharton faculty, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet all speaker requests, but we will work with you to best accommodate the request.
- Penn Alumni Regional Clubs resources: Penn provides various resources to their club leaders and members.** Please visit their website: www.alumni.upenn.edu/clubs.
Contact Information for Club Administrators
Active clubs may find that a paid administrator, either virtual or local, can help ease the administrative tasks of club management. A professional administrator can help your club by taking on many common website maintenance tasks, including:
User database management: contact updates, data cleanup, reporting
Email marketing: drafting, scheduling, and sending email communications
Content management: website content updates, creating photo albums
- Membership and event management: creating event articles and tickets, managing membership settings and member questions
An administrator based in your geographic area may be able to provide additional support by checking in members at club events, printing nametags, and helping to source venues.
The following professional administrators have experience working with many Wharton clubs. Feel free to reach out directly to discuss your club’s needs.
- Alexi Upchurch: AU Solutions
- Stacie Hyatt: Society for Alumni Club Leadership
- Jane Barr Horstman & Associates, Inc.
**Penn’s standards and benefits for its club network may not apply to Wharton Clubs.*Other regions coming soon.