Using Images on your Nationbuilder Site
To add photos to any page of your website, go to the page’s "Content" or "Intro" tab and use the image icon (below) to upload an image.
Next, click the "Upload" tab, and add your preferred image.
Recommended image sizes (in pixels):
- Homepage featured content slider: 1200wx450h
- Email newsletter photos: aim for 1200wx500h or more square
- Photos for web pages (images added to a page’s social media tab): at least 200 pixels in width, square images are most compatible with mobile devices. The ideal dimensions are 400x400 or 500x500.
- Make sure your files are not too large (under 200 kb) or they will be difficult to view on mobile
- On webpages, the maximum width of the column that your photo sits inside will be 655px so be sure that your photos do not exceed this width.
How to resize images:
There is a free online tool you can use to resize your photos called Pixlr. Below are instructions for resizing your photos using Pixlr’s express editing tool: http://pixlr.com/express/.
- Click on the “Browse” icon, then select and open your file.
- Click on the “Adjustment” icon, then click “Crop.”
- Change the boundaries of the crop box by entering the desired width and height.
- Drag the crop box to the part of the photo you’d like to keep, then click “Apply” to confirm your changes. Use the back arrow in the upper right corner of your screen to go back and adjust your changes.
- When you are satisfied with your cropped image, click “Apply” to put your changes into effect. To save your image, click “Save” in the upper left corner of your screen, give your file a name, and click “Save” again. The photo will be downloaded to your computer.
- For users uploading profile photos, they need to be a perfect square, and less than 56kb. If the alumni logs in with Facebook or Twitter, their profile picture will automatically be pulled from the social media platform. If the alumni member wants to change it, they can go to profile settings and upload their picture.
- If you’re looking for free Wharton images to use on your site, check out our Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/54226722@N04/albums/with/72157625024400728
- We recommend Google Drive or Dropbox for image management. Nonprofits can get discounts on Google services as well as Dropbox, if your club would like to explore those options for file management. See Google Apps for Nonprofits, or contact Dropbox sales team.