Stripe Account Setup
On the NationBuilder platform, your club has several new options for payment processing. Read our tips for selecting your payment processor here. Stripe is one option that is simple, cost-effective and easy-to-use. You can set up an account with Stripe using the instructions below.
- Sign up on www.stripe.com by entering your email address and choosing a password. The system should send you an activation email.
- A window will appear, but ignore all content except for the link at the bottom. Please click:
- There is a “Your Account” button in the top right corner. Click here and choose “Account settings” from the dropdown. Go through all tabs to update all pertinent information (“General” through “Emails”).
- On the API Keys tab, make note of the API keys which will be used to link this account to your new club website. Wharton will need your “live secret key” (which begins with “sk_live_”) to connect your account to your NationBuilder website.
- Make sure to complete the “Transfers” section. This is where you link your bank account to your Stripe account, enabling you to access funds you collect on your Nationbuilder site.
- Once Account Settings have been completed, click “Done” in the bottom right corner.
- You will receive an email to the address you entered while setting up your Stripe account to verify the account. Please click the link in this email, which will bring you back to your Stripe account.
- Go back to “Your Account”, and choose “Activate account”, complete the entire account application. It will require a personal verification of the “Company Representative” for the account. It will include, the business type (individual or company), full name of the individual or company representative, Date of birth of the individual or company representative. As your account processes more payments, you may be asked to verify information from the list linked here.
If you would like to test making a payment, click the “Payments” tab on the left and enter your payment information - Next click “Create Payment”.
Once your stripe account is set up and tested, switch your account from ‘Test’ to ‘Live’ mode (located in the upper left hand corner). Your Stripe account is now ready to link to your NationBuilder website. Contact your club liaison, who will enable e-commerce on your NationBuilder website.