SSO Identity Mappings
Some alumni profiles require the Penn/Wharton login ability (Single Sign On, or SSO) to be established after syncing. This is a regular occurrence and can be done by any club administrator. If alumni are having login trouble, ex: “can’t authenticate you at this time” error, please follow the steps below to ensure that their profile is connected.
- Check the People tab see if there is more than one account for that person in the club database.
- If more than one person with their name and information comes up, you will need to merge the duplicate profiles.
- Click their name to go into their profile.
- Click “merge duplicates” and then click “merge records” to merge the two accounts.
- Please have the alumnus try logging in again. If they are unable, email email@example.com.
2. Check their profile in the People tab to see if they have an “external ID”. This should be visible in the short view of their profile.
- If they do not have an “external ID” email firstname.lastname@example.org to have their External Id synced with their profile.
- If they do have an “external ID” follow the steps below:
3. Check their SSO identity mappings
- In their profile, click Edit > SSO identity mapping
- If the “shibboleth” field is blank, copy paste their “external ID” into the field, and save.
- Please have the alumnus try again, and if it does not work, contact email@example.com.
- If the “shibboleth” field is not blank, email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.