Member Event Pricing
How to address member event pricing on NationBuilder
Wharton is working with the NationBuilder team and a partner company to bring a wider range of ticket options to the Wharton club websites. In the meantime, you can create special ticket pricing for all members using the method below.
First, set up your event and “general admission” tickets following the standard process for setting up events. Further reading: How to set up an event
Next, create a separate donation page at the special price you would like your members to pay.
- In your main event page, create a new subpage with “Donation” as the page type. Set this page to be viewable to Members only (all members will be able to access this page).
- In the donation page settings, add the same event RSVP tag and donation tracking code that you created for your main event.
- Once your donation page is filled out, grab the direct link from the top of the edit page.
- Go back to your event description, and add this link as a hyperlink, inviting members to follow the link to receive the special pricing.
For a live example of member pricing set up using this method, click here.
Note on complimentary event tickets: This is another feature we are working to implement with NationBuilder and our partner. In the meantime, here is an alternate method to offer this benefit to your members:
- Send a targeted email to the group you’d like to offer free registration, and ask them to simply reply to the email to your email to RSVP. You may use one of the pre-created membership filters the Wharton team has set up for you as your email recipient list (for example, if you want to offer this to Benefactor members). Alternatively, you can create a new filter to use as a recipient list.
- As members respond, you can go into your event and quickly add a new manual RSVP without charging a fee.